What type of visa do I need to work in Austria?
Very Highly Qualified Workers
- You can either enter Austria under a Job Seeker Visa to look for work here. …
- You may apply for a Red-White-Red card with the competent Austrian representation in your home country or your country of residence, provided that you have received an employment offer.
How long does an Austrian work permit take?
The processing time for an Austria work visa usually takes about 8 weeks.
How can I get job offer in Austria?
How to get a job in Vienna: 8 steps
- Make sure you’re eligible to work in Vienna. …
- Consider the types of available jobs. …
- Look online. …
- Find a recruiter to help with your job hunt. …
- Do some networking. …
- Get your CV Vienna-ready. …
- Get prepped for your job interview. …
- Get ready to move.
Can a foreigner work in Austria?
Work visas in Austria
If you are from outside of the EU and EEC, you will need to obtain a work permit to work in Austria. Luckily, an Austrian employer may recruit a foreign national but they must apply for approval and an employment permit from the regional employment office.
Who is eligible to work in Austria?
All EEA and Swiss citizens can work in Austria without having to apply for a visa. All third-country nationals who want to stay in Austria for more than 180 days are required to obtain a work visa. Austria considers third-country nationals those who are not EEA citizens or Swiss citizens.
Is it easy to find a job in Austria?
Austria is a popular destination to work in for many reasons. … Whilst the country has a competitive job market, workers with the right skills, qualifications and a valid Austria visa for non-EU and Schengen citizens will find that sourcing work in Austria isn’t as difficult as it might appear.
What jobs are in demand in Austria?
Austria-wide shortage occupations
- Graduates in power engineering (DiplomingenieurInnen für Starkstromtechnik) …
- Technicians with a higher level of training (engineer) for power engineering technology (TechnikerInnen mit höherer Ausbildung (Ing.) …
- Agricultural Equipment engineers (LandmaschinenbauerInnen)
How do I become a resident of Austria?
Applicants are required to provide the following to apply for a residence permit:
- A valid and signed passport.
- Birth certificate.
- Recent passport-size picture.
- Proof of accommodation in Austria.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of sufficient financial means.
How can I make money in Austria?
Here are some ways that students in Austria can make money easily.
- Get a Saturday job in Austria. …
- Get a part-time job in Austria. …
- Get an internship in Austria. …
- Get help from the government. …
- Take part in paid surveys and experiments. …
- Donate plasma.
Can you work in Austria without speaking German?
It is possible to find a job in Austria without speaking their language, as the country has a large labor market, low unemployment rate (4.9%), good international connections, and branches worldwide. … English-speaking jobs in Austria tend to be more specialized and competitive.
What is the most common job in Austria?
Some of the most popular freelancer jobs in Austria are:
- marketing assistant.
- business project manager.
- web developer.
- insurance inspector.
- social media assistant.
Does Austria pay well?
The salary level is high in Austria compared to other European countries. The cost of living is moderate in relation to the good salaries. A special feature of working in Austria is that employees are paid fourteen monthly salaries.