How long does it take for a green card holder to sponsor a spouse?
Total Processing Time for Spouse Green Card
U.S. Citizen Spouse Green Card processing time currently averages around 12-18 months. Green Card Holder Spouse Green Card processing time currently averages around 24-36 months.
How long does it take for a green card holder to sponsor a spouse 2021?
Average time — Seven to 32 months (as of early 2021) for approval of the Form I-130, and additional time depending on individual circumstances. Summary of the Process — The U.S. citizen starts the process by filing a Form I-130 with USCIS, either online or by mail.
Can a green card holder bring his fiance to the US?
As stated previously, there is no visa for a permanent resident to bring their foreign national fiancé to the U.S., but you may have some options moving forward. Though your options may be more difficult to as a green card holder, fiancé visa options are possible.
How do I apply for my husband green card?
The basic steps to the spouse visa process are as follows:
- File I-130 Petition Package with USCIS.
- Obtain USCIS approval (or denial) on petition.
- Apply for immigrant visa (DS-260)
- Complete required medical exam.
- Attend visa interview at the U.S. Embassy.
- Receive immigrant visa is passport.
- Pay immigrant fee online.
How can I get a green card fast?
5 Fastest Ways to Get a Green Card
- Marriage to U.S. Citizen. This is the fastest way to immigrate. …
- Immigration through family reunification. Immigration through family reunification can take from nine months up to five years. …
- Political Asylum in the USA. …
- Immigration of extraordinary ability people. …
- Investment immigration.
Can my wife stay in the US while waiting for green card?
In most cases, spouses who are eligible to adjust status prefer to do so. It allows the foreign spouse to stay in the United States while waiting for the marriage green card. On the other hand, consular processing can often result in quicker processing times. The trade off is that the couple may be separated.
Which is faster fiance visa or spouse?
If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé(e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage-based visa will be quicker.