How much money do travel guides make?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $96,000 and as low as $13,500, the majority of International Tour Guide salaries currently range between $24,000 (25th percentile) to $41,000 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $62,500 annually across the United States.
How many hours do travel guides work?
Generally have a set schedule each week. May work part time or full time, but most work less than 40 hours a week. May work more during the summer when more people take vacations.
Where do tour guides make the most money?
Highest paying cities for Tour Guides in United States
- San Francisco, CA. 29 salaries reported. $23.92. per hour.
- 30 salaries reported. $21.12. per hour.
- Charleston, SC. 32 salaries reported. $20.86. per hour.
- St. Louis, MO. 27 salaries reported. $19.53. per hour.
- Nashville, TN. 34 salaries reported. $19.19. per hour.
How much do Cancun tour guides make?
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
Do tour guides have flexible schedules?
you have a flexible schedule and can work at any given time except on holidays.
What qualifications are needed to be a tour guide?
Personal requirements for a Tour Guide
- Able to accept responsibility.
- Patient and tactful.
- Understanding and acceptance of different cultures.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent general knowledge of Australia and regional touring areas.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think logically.
Can you make money being a tour guide?
Most entry-level tour guides only earn about $8-$15 per hour. But, there are experienced tour guides that earn upwards of $60,000 per year. These people often work for tour companies as managers. … So the hourly wages could be lower, making guides depend on tips.
How much do bourbon tour guides make?
The average distillery tour guide salary in the USA is $26,325 per year or $13.50 per hour. Entry level positions start at $23,400 per year while most experienced workers make up to $28,616 per year.
What is the median salary for a tour guide?
The average tour guide makes $29,507 in the United States. The average hourly pay for a tour guide is $14.19. The average entry-level tour guide salary is $17,000.